LinkedIn is an effective tool for businesses where you can provide expert commentary in your industry, connect with people all over the world and generate leads.
The public relations professionals and Adoni Media have advice on how you can harnessthe benefits of LinkedIn.
Keep your profile up to date
First impressions are important, so make sure you complete your profile and keep it up to date.
Think about ways you can improve your profile. Here are some suggestions:
- Upload a current photo
- For company pages, display the profiles of your employees
- Add your location
- Use the summary section to pitch your business to others. Think about including answers to commonly asked questions, including:
- What value do you add for your clients?
- What are some key results you’ve achieved?
- Who are your clients?
- What industries do you support?
- Why should someone get in touch with you?
Know your audience
Like any communications strategy, you need to know who you are communicating with. The same goes for LinkedIn. Remember, you will be able to generate more leads if you target the right people. Look at how other businesses are communicating with their audiences and tailor your strategy to optimise your reach.
Optimise your page for search
Adding keywords and hashtagswill help you gain visibility among people searching for what your company offers.You can also boost your profile and searchability through consistently sharing relevant content and industry news.
Publish engaging content
It is important to stay clear of making your profile look like a sales pitch. Your page should be a place to share expert commentary, opinion pieces that add value to your audiences, updates on industry news and events.You want to subtly promote your company but being an expert – not with blatant advertising.
You can also use LinkedIn to update your audience and clients on any staff or business changes.
Think about what types of rich media content you can use to engage your followers, such as:
- Articles hosted on LinkedIn
- Videos (remember to add subtitles for those watching with audio turned off)
Personalised content (such as team moments and award nominations).